Monday, June 28, 2010

Draw! Challenge #3: Live or Die

Live or Die is about a small resistance group comprised of mismatched adventurers fighting off the ever encroaching evil robotic empire. Featured here is a small portion of the group who until recently followed under Sgt. Peacock (framed on the right). In this shot we can see that the Robots are approaching right at their doorstep and they must quickly prepare their ultimate weapon (in the back) before they break in.

Ok, enough story... I finally got some clean lines! I think my coloring cleaned up too. I tried to arrange it by rule of thirds, I really wanted to bring the attention to the left side, but keep the right side interesting. I really like the way my crab turned out, and the floating screen effect I think worked. By the way, it says: "Monster is big and scary. Safety first." in Japanese.
Because we went with animals this time I tried to go for a comic feel, so a lot of white, but I didn't want to make it feel too empty so I tossed in the textures and a lot more details.
I learned a few more tricks so it was easier to spend more time on the details; so I think I've got a big improvement over last week.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Simply amazing! I'm so jealous of your lines and your colouring... I really need to step it up this week. You're going to win for sure. I really need to clean up my lines...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you make this? It looks realllly clean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just photoshop and my tablet, the high res helps make my lines cleaner =D ... Took a bit of playing around to find a sweet spot. Still more to figure out though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So the entire thing was created digitally? nice

    ReplyDelete